2009年2月3日火曜日

my childhood friends

On December 8, I met three childhood friends in Shibuya. They are Manami, Kyoko and Chizuru. We have been friends for more than 15 years because we lived in the same condominium. We went to the same kindergarten, same elementary school and same junior high school. We went to school together every morning and played together after school. Even on weekend and in vacation I did not feel lonely at all because I was able to see them easily. In junior high school days, we all three belonged to the chorus club. We were used to sing on our way home, which is now, I think, embarrassing. When I was with them, I felt so comfortable and fun. However when we were the third grade students in junior high school, Kyoko had to move to Yokohama. We were so sad and missed her. After that, we all chose different high schools and went to respective ways. We had few opportunities to meet when we were high school students. We were so busy since Kyoko and Chizuru had part-time job, and Manami and I belonged to brass band club of each high school. We could meet only once a year. Two of us became university students, and the others became junior college students. We gathered in Ikebukuro in May. I wrote about it last semester. And although we are all busy we could gather with other members of the chorus club in September. We went to a family restaurant and chatted for about more than 4 hours. After dinner we moved to a park and played with fireworks. It was so beautiful and we really enjoyed it. However because it was almost 11 and one of the members’ appearance was a little bit childish, the police stopped us and talked to us on our way home. We were so confused but the police confirmed our ID and age, and let us go. Although we had a trouble like this, we enjoyed that night very much.
Now, let’s return to the subject. Three friends and I gathered in Shibuya. Kyoko, Chizuru and I met in front of Hachiko at 16:30 but Manami had to attend a class until 17:30. So we went to a karaoke and sang for about an hour. We first sang “butter-fly”. It is an opening song of a Japanese animation “Digi-mon Adventure” about 10 years ago. When I was little I liked it and watched it every week, so did my friends. We did not have to hesitate to sing any song because we have known each other for quite a long time. We enjoyed singing and at 18:00 I got a call from Manami. The day before Manami told me that she wanted to go to “Sweets Paradise.” You can eat as much as you like for 1,480 yen at the restaurant. There are not only delicious cakes but also spaghetti and curry and rice. Manami joined us at Shibuya station and we went to “Sweets Paradise.” After singing a lot we were so hungry. There were many kinds of cakes and I ate most of them. I liked cheesecake the best. They were very good but I was sick of eating only sweets after a while. I started eating spaghetti and salad so I was able to eat sweets again. We talked and ate a lot. I wished the time being with them would last forever. After one and a half hour we were not able to eat any more. We walked to Parco because we thought it would be hard to be shaken in a train right away because we were full. We didn’t want to go home so soon but we decided to go home at 9:00 because we didn’t want our parents worry about us. It was sad to say good-bye to Kyoko because she lives in Yokohama and we live in Saitama. As I have thought, the train was very crowded. But it was easier than always for I was with my friends though I always take a train alone. We went to the same condo together by bike from the station. I want to make as opportunity to gather with them soon.

0 件のコメント: