2009年2月3日火曜日

classical music

On Thursday 18 December, I had three classes and I went to a classical concert with my mother. Until I became a high school student, I was not interested to classical music at all, nor was my mother. However I joined the brass band club and knew how wonderful to play music. When I was about ten there was a school event to go to a classic concert. I fell asleep because I was not able to understand classical music and did not like it. It was nothing but boring for me then. However I only remember “Sabre Dance” composed by Aram Khachaturian. I liked the speed of the rhythm and the liveliness. It was very powerful and it was not boring at all. I really liked it. It is the only one that I still remember played that day.
In junior high school days, I had no opportunity to listen to classical music. However in high school, I became a member of the brass band club. In addition, a drama “Nodame Cantabile” became popular and I liked it. It is based on a comic about classical music and students of a college of music. One of the main characters is Megumi Noda. She is called “Nodame” because her name is “Noda Me”gumi. Nodame is a piano student. She is a very talented pianist but she wants to be a kindergarten teacher. She can play what she hears although she is not good at reading the music score. Shinichi Chiaki is also a piano student but he is a talented pianist and violinist who wants to become a conductor. Nodame and Chiaki happen to be next door neighbors so they affect each other and slowly fall in love. I like both the drama and the comic. Not only they are fun, they give me knowledge of classical music. If I did not watch this drama, I would not have been interested in classical music.
It was before this drama that I went to an orchestra concert of my motion. The program of the concert is music of Dragon Quest, which is one of the most popular RPG in Japan. I really like this video game and the music is very beautiful and wonderful. If you hear the music played by the orchestra, you would never think of it as a game music. I started to get interested in classical music right after this Dragon Quest concert in 2006.
In 2007, I went to two classical concerts with my mother. One is Dragon Quest concert regularly held in August. The programs in 2006 were from all Dragon Quest series, but in 2007 the programs were from Dragon Quest Ⅵ. The music of the Ⅵ is the best for me. The other concert we went to played the Symphony No. 9 in E Minor “From the New World” composed by Antonín Dvořák, Piano Concerto No. 2 composed by Rachmaninoff, and Boléro composed by Ravel. If you are not interested in classical music, you might know the melody. It is very famous. Piano Concerto No. 2 is not as popular as “From the New World” so I did not know this until it was played in “Nodame Cantabile”. Though I can not play the piano at all, I can see it is far difficult. In the Piano Concerto No. 2, I like the first movement the best. Boléro is my mother’s and my favorite. It starts with a steady rhythm by Snare drums and the rhythm continues to the end. The melody is passed among different insturuments: flute, clarinet, bassoon, clarinet, oboe d’amore, trumpet, saxophone, horn, trombone and so on. The rhythm is passed these instruments with a steady crescendo so it gets louder and more powerful. I like the swelling of this. And when I listen to this, I look forward to a part of a bassoon solo. As I said before, many instruments pass the melody and bassoon is the third. It is always difficult to hear the sound of bassoon in a loud orchestra but I can hear it clearly when it is the solo part of bassoon. I was so moved glad to listened to Boléro live and so was my mother. We were very satisfied with the concert and then we became the real fans of classical music.

0 件のコメント: