2008年10月2日木曜日

Summer vacation



Hello!

This is the first blog posting this semester. In the last semester, I didn't post every week. As a result, I had to post 6 times in July. It was so hard, because I had to finish many papers and had exam in July. I really regret that. So I will post more than once every week this semester and finish as soon as possible.

The summer vacation was really fun. I spent most of the time practicing archery. The vacation was 61 days, and I practiced 40 days. It's 2/3 of the vacation! Actually I didn't have to practice that much. Of course I like archery. That's one of the reasons. However the other reason is that I was so free and had nothing to do. If I stayed at home, I might sit in front of the computer or TV all day long. It is not good for health at all and I would get fat! So I woke up at 7, practiced archery for a couple of hours, had lunch with other members, went home and worked part-time.

One of the big events in the vacation was club camp in August. We went to Nagano from August 17 to 24 and practiced archery from 8:30 to 16:30. We all got exhausted but enjoyed it. Every morning freshmen had to prepare tatami that we shoot to and prepare breakfast. So we had to wake up at 6:30. In Nagano it was far colder than I thought and we had a lot of rain. So we wasn't able to practice that much. The food was great! However not only it was delicious but also it was too much. I was sure that I gained weight, but I didn't. I felt sport is important not to get metabolic syndrome.

On the first day of the camp, we set the field to play archery: set stands, put tatamis on the stands and put targets on tatamis. Tatami is so heavy and we had to carry them again and again. I got so tired. I have never carried tatami alone until this camp, but I'm used to it now. We practiced for a few hours after preparing. I shot a tatami from one meter away with bare-bow. Bare-bow is a simple bow which is almost made of wood
On the second day, I used my own bow for the first time. I chose it myself. It is cool and beautiful. I was soooooo happy to use it. It is beautiful blue. I'll put the picture on this blog.
On the third day, it was rainy. We practiced in the rain and all of us and our bows got wet. It was very cold and hard to pull arrows from tatamis because arrows got wet. We couldn't practice in the afternoon. So we spent the time freely. I played cards with some members.
The forth day was day-off. Some went to lake or hot-spring and some played tennis. Some members and I stayed at the inn and watched movies such as Star Wars and Hannibal Rising. In Hannibal Rising, the description of Japan is too strange. We don't pray in front of an armor for ancestors! We all laughed at it.
On the fifth day, I shot targets 10 meters away for the first time. I was scared to shoot, but it was exciting.
On the sixth day, we had competition. In the morning, first-grade students shot targets 10 meters away. I think I did well. I was fourth place in all, and first place in girls. It was fun. In the afternoon, seniors' competition was held. The targets were 50 meters away. It seemed to be very difficult.
We left Nagano on the seventh day. I enjoyed and practiced really hard in the week. I hope I got better.

Another big event was club camp in September in Hatano, Kanagawa. It was for 5 days. It was hotter than I thought in Kanagawa. We carried many tatamis everyday this time again. During this camp, I shot targets 30 meters away! It was so exciting and fun. I liked archery more and more.

I have the first match on this Sunday. I have only 3 days! So I will practice tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. I will try hard!

0 件のコメント: