2008年7月31日木曜日

Final blog posting!

Sunday 29, June

I went bowling with some freshmen of archery club. Actually the last time that I went bowling was three years ago. I almost forgot how to play bowling. Balls rolled straight to gutters. I was so shocked that I played bowling so terribly. I can’t write the score because it is too low. I think you can’t believe it. Even though we played two games, it was less than 100. After bowling, we went to Jonathan’s and had dinner. I ate spaghetti. We were talking there for about three hours. The members of the archery club are really amusing. I really like them enjoyed with them.


Monday 30, June

It was rainy yesterday but I was glad that it became sunny today. I had four classes. Because I went to bed late yesterday, I was sleepy and tired today. I should go to bed early everyday.


Tuesday 1, July

It was sunny. I had two classes and practiced archery. Though it was not so hot, it was very hot to practice archery in the sunshine. I worked part-time after classes.


Wednesday 2, July

Because the exam is getting closer, we don’t have to practice archery. So I could sleep one more hour than always. I had three classes as usual.


Thursday 3, July

It was hotter than yesterday. I had three classes.


Friday 4, July

It was far hotter than yesterday. I had two classes. On the second period, my friend and I don’t have class. So we studied the second foreign languages. I studied Spanish and my friend studied German. I studied German in high school, so I regret to have chosen Spanish.


Tuesday 29, July

I went to Sophia only to submit the final essay. After that I worked for four hours. Recently I got accustomed to the job.


Wednesday 30, July

July is almost ending. It’s summer vacation!!!Today, I went to see an acquaintance that is the office manager of CIEE with my friends of English literature. She is taking care of overseas students. We want to make friends overseas. She explained what CIEE does. After meeting her, we went to Starbucks. I drank vanilla cream frappetino. It was good. After that, I practiced archery. I had not practiced for more then three weeks because I had to study for the exam. However I should have practiced more. There is a workload that a member should finish by August 3rd. I really practice hard to finish it. So I practiced for about three hours. I was so tired. I went dinner with some members. The food was so-so, but we enjoyed talking. And after dinner, we went to karaoke. I can’t tell what I sang, but it was so fun. Do you know “danjo” by Taro?


Thursday 31, July

It is the end of July. I have to post this right now! Because of the practice yesterday, I have muscular pain. However I practiced archery hard to finish the workload. I practiced for about three hours. My arms are so tired.


About writing

Until learning academic writing, I had no idea about it. I didn’t know how to write a paper, what form it should be, how large the letter should be and what a thesis statement is. I also learned that we couldn’t write even though we know how to write without what to write. Not only reading literature, but also we have to think about them. It was difficult than I thought. Having my own idea is especially important. I think I have to read more to obtain writing skill. And I should read poetry because I rarely read it before entering university. I think the more I read, the more I get better. Even though I was able to do nothing to write academic writing before, but I can at least write it now. To write better, I have to continue working. Finding quotation supporting the thesis statement is always hard. And the work that I chose for the final essay is a little longer than works we all did. Reading it many time took quite a long time. Writing class was also useful to write papers of other classes. I will read a lot this summer!

2 件のコメント:

HF さんのコメント...

You could finish the blog,though you were saying that you couldn't do it!

You did it!

Maybe you will be really busy in this semester for kyudo club.

Don't work too much.
Take care of yourself!

saltsalt さんのコメント...

I am a member of archery club!