2009年2月3日火曜日

the final post!

This is the final post at last! I will talk more about the video game, Dragon Quest. The latest available Dragon Quest is Dragon Quest 8. You can play it with PS2. Unfortunately it was sold right before the entrance examination of high school. I almost play it because my brother played it next to my room. However I was patient not to play until I pass the exam. I could pass the exam of the high school which I wanted to enter the best and started it. The 3D graphic was great and I though as if I got in the world of Dragon Quest. Not only the graphic, I like the story. If you have not played it yet, you should buy and play it. It would be cheaper than I bought it because Dragon Quest 9 will be sold on March 28. You can play it with Nintendo DS, but I don’t have it. I have to ask my brother to lend it for me. However I do not expect so much with it. Because I do not like to play games on small picture of DS and the main character is too childish. In addition, you can make the main character’s appearance by yourself. The loss of icon is disapponted for me. Even though I pretend not to looking for it, I have to confess that I have already reserved to buy it because my family and I are huge fans of Dragon Quest. I can’t wait for it!!!

I have written more than 14,000 words for this blog this year. The number 14,000 is overwhelming, isn’t it. It was very hard for me because I am not good at doing something regularly. So I had to write in February so much to post tp this blog. I really regret for my rudeness. This writing class was the hardest in throughout this year. It can be the hardest in 4 years in university. However it gave me opportunity to write. I really appreciate for it. Finally I want to say that I’m sorry that my blog posting is late. Not to stop writing, I will continue posting this blog. I will not write as much as 700 words, but I should not stop this practice to write something. If you have a time, please come and read my blog sometimes.



・How do you think your academic writing has changed?
Before this semester and this year, I did not know about MLA at all. I had no idea that there is a strict form to write an academic paper. And my writing before was not able to convince readers because there were not enough reasons and examples to support it. It was so difficult to decide the thesis statement. If the thesis statement is not proper for the paper, I had to change all from the start. Even though I decide the thesis statement, finding proper examples to make readers convinced is hard. However now I know what a thesis statement is and how to show examples.

・What do you think you still need to work on?
If I stop writing, I would forget how to write. And if I read more, I will be able to find examples more easily. I should get accustomed to reading and writing.

・What do you think you can do well now?
I think I can make work cited list well. Although it should be natural that writers can make it correctly, I did not know how to make it at all before. And it will be very useful to write academic paper from now on.

・What will you work on the hardest in your final essay?
What I worked on the hardest in my final essay is to gather examples to support the thesis statement. Because I am not good at reading, it was so difficult for me and took quite a long time. Most of the books in the library that I tried to use were too old to refer to and useless for my paper. So I had to search database on the Internet. Because of this effort, I think I could gather examples to make my paper more satisfying.

0 件のコメント: