2008年7月30日水曜日

The regular concert of high school brass band

Saturday 28 June
The 33rd regular concert of Warabi high school brass band was held at Warabi Bunka Kaikan. As I said before, I was a member of it. Today we, graduates, helped the present members setting stage and selling tickets. We heard their playing on rehearsal I was so moved that they have grown up. They played far better than I had expected. Mayu’s bassoon solo was very beautiful. I could not have played that well a year ago. When it was one hour until the concert began, there was a long line of people waiting to enter. I was so surprised to see the line because I was not able to see it before. I had to prepare to play back of the stage. Sometimes I still regret that I didn’t choose orchestra but archery. I do like archery, but I have loved the bassoon so much for three years. How can I forget the bassoon? I like music! I can remember all the tunes that I played. These are the list of the tunes and composers.↓
・Prates of the Caribbean (Soundtrack Highlights) by Klaus Badelt
・The Incredibles by Michael Giacchino
・Takarajima (Treasure Island) by Hirotaka Izumi
・Copacabana by B. Manilow, B. Sussman, J. Feldman
・Titanic Medley by James Horner
・Euro Beat Disney Medley by Jimmie Dodd, Richard M. Sherman, Robert B. Sherman, Ray Gilbert, Allie Wrubel
・Can’t Take My Eyes Off You by B. Crewe, B. Gaudio
・Tarako Tarako Tarako by Kouji Ueno
・“Jeanne d’Arc” ~Lyric Poem for Wind – Orchestra by Takamasa Sakai
・Sennno kazeni natte by Mitsuru Arai
・gakuen tengoku by Tadao Inoue
・To Challenge The Sky And Heavens Above by Robert W. Smith
・We’re All Alone by Boz Scaggs
・Daichi Sansho by Shin Sato
・El Cumbanchero by Rafael Hernandez
・March “Shiokemuri” by Yoichi Kamioka
・Katteni Sindbad by Keisuke Kuwata
・Pink Lady Medley by Shunichi Asakura
・Zenryoku Shonen by Sukimaswitch
・Uchusenkan Yamato by Hiroshi Miyagawa
・ Deep Purple Medly arranged by Toshihiko Sahashi
・ Yumeno Sekaiwo by Shouji Hashimoto
・ Champione by Orange Range
・ Dear Woman by Shoichiro Hirata
・ Jericho Commissioned by “Gemeentebestuur Lanaken”
・ Nada Sousou by BEGIN
・ Celebration for Winds and Percussion by James Swearingen
・ Kimigayo (national anthem of Japan) by Hiromori Hayashi
・ The Thunderer March
・ The Stars and Stripes Forever by John Philip Sousa
・ The Colonel Bogey March by K. Alford
・ Jurassic Park Soundtrack Highlights by John Williams
・ Mononoke Hime Medley by Jo Hisaishi
・ Magellan’s Voyage to Unknown Continent by Masanori Taruya
・ Major Barbara ~ A Shavian Sequence for Orchestra by William Walton
・ Waltz of the Flowers from The Nutcracker by Pyotr Ilych Tchaikovsky
・ Le Cygne by Cmille Saint-Saëns
・ Theme of “Lupin the 3rd” by Juji Ohno
・ Birdland by Josef Zawinul
・ Beauty and the Beast by Alan Menken
・ New World Dances by Martin Ellerby
・ The Magic bell from The Magic Flute by W. A. Mozart
・ Dreamland by BNNIE K, Mine-Chang
・ Ageha Cho by ak homma
・ Natsuiro by Yuji Kitagawa
・ Smily by Ai Ohtsuka
・ Soramo Toberuhazu by Masayoshi Kusano
・ Tomorrow by Ryuichi Sugimoto
・ “Cuty Honey Flash” Opening Theme by Takeo Watanabe
・ One Night Carnival by Sho Ayanokouji
・ Venus by Hitoshi Haba
・ Pecori Night by Bill Martin and Phil Coulter
・ “The Merry Widow “ Selections by Franz Lehár
・ Centuria ~ Overture For Band by James Swearingen
・ And the Multitude with One Voice Spoke by James L. Hosay
・ The Seventh Night of July ~ Tanabata ~ by Itaru Sakai
・ Incantation and Dance by John Barnes Chance
・ Songs of Sailor and Sea by Robert W. Smith
In “Jeanne d’Arc”, Jericho, Jurassic Park, Major Barbara, New World Dances and And the Multitude with One Voice Spoke, I had solo part. I was so nervous to play these tunes. However I love these. In the concert, you may not hear the sound of bassoons unless it is solo, because its sound is not so big and tends to melt into other sounds easily. If I had my own bassoon, I want to play these again. However it is sooooooo expensive. I have to give up.

0 件のコメント: