2008年5月6日火曜日

My Pets

Hello! It may be difficult to find out what and where it is, because I’m not a good photographer. This is a picture of my pets, three little shrimps. I bought them about two months ago. They are about 8 mm, and living in a small bottle. In the bottle, there are two marimos, round green algae, and they produce oxygen by photosynthesis. The shrimps eat the marimos and plankton in the water, so I don’t have to feed them! However I have to condition the temperature. It must be in 20~28 ℃. They can’t live if it is colder than 15 ℃! Anyway it’s far easier to have them than dogs. They are so cute, and I love them! I hope they live long lives.

I’ve always wanted to have dogs, but I have never have dogs. If I can have them, I’d like blown toy-poodle. I think toy-poodle is the cutest dog.

About 12 years ago, I had medakas, Japanese killifish. I did almost nothing for them, but my dad often cleaned up the aquarium. I thought it vary tough. One day, my mom left the aquarium with medakas in it out of house, and nobody cared of them. We neglected them. Of course they died. I feel sorry now.

Seven years ago, my brother and I got three goldfish when we went to summer festival. We were so happy and put them in an aquarium. The next day, I woke up and found all of them dead and floating. It was very shocking and my brother and I were so sad.

This is not about animals, but plants. When I was a junior high school student, I was asked to take care of flowers in the class during summer vacation. So I brought them home and took care of it, at least I thought I did all right. However three weeks later, there ware a lot of aphid on the flowers. I felt sick at the sight of it. The flowers became weaker and weaker. At last it died. I had to buy new flowers and took them to school on September 1.

I think it is ten years ago, I bought a cactus. My family and I though it might be easy to take care of it. However we failed. We watered it too much and it rotted.

Eight years ago, I bought a carnivorous plant. It had pairs of leaves that look like shells, and they emit smell that is liked by insects. When a fly come into the leaves, it close the leaves and eats the fly. I was interesting to see the leaves closed when I touch insides them. However, it was winter that I bought it, so there were few flies. Moreover I watered a lot again, and it was getting rotten. it died because it didn't eat enough flies and got rotten.

My brother got some beetles near my cousin's house about six years ago, he was so happy even though he hate cockroaches extremely. Anyway he took them home and put them in a cage. One day when he look into the cage, he noticed that one of beetles isn't there. We looked for it hardly, but we didn't find it. So we thought that it went out the home and became free. Two weeks later, my mom cleaned the house and then she moved the refrigerator. "Aaaaaaaaaaa" She screamed and found the beetle was dead.

As I said I'm bad at taking care of living things. So are my mom and brother. Even though I really try hard for them, I often fail. I like animals and plants. Actually I was in charge of raising rabbits in elementary school. I feel so sorry for animals and plants that died of me. I want the shrimps to live long so I will do really hard that I can do for them, but not too much.

1 件のコメント:

saltsalt さんのコメント...

Thanks for your comment!
Actually this is my homework of university.
I'll try hard!!!